Managing property was one of the first services offered by Joseph Parsons in the 1820’s.
Today property management services remain a core aspect of our business that we provide to both residential and commercial property clients. With ever increasing legislation covering this sector, it is important to know that your property and your tenants are in safe hands, relieving you of the burden of management administration.
To order a hard copy of the Residential Management Brochure please email email@example.com or call 01273 326171.
Please click the links below for further information (depending on your area of interest).
Today, the firm is responsible for the management of more than 550 residential blocks comprising over 3,000 long-leasehold flats.
These properties are located along the south coast of England from Dover in the east to Bournemouth in the west and inland as far as the London suburbs. Properties are managed by staff based at our Head Office in the City of Brighton and Hove and our office in Bognor Regis. We manage a wide variety of property from modern purpose built blocks to listed period conversions. Our clients range from private individuals, developers, investment companies, Residents Management companies and Right to Manage companies.
Our Property Managers are experienced and well trained. They are backed by a dedicated Accounts Department using industry leading software.
We provide specialist advice on building defects diagnosis, repair, condition surveys, major works and contract administration. In addition, further specialist areas such as dilapidation surveys, party walls awards, and health and safety surveys are available.
Insurance of the majority of buildings we manage is arranged by our own insurance department, including claims handling.
We are regulated by The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
For further information please email Justin Dobbs (Head of Residential Property Management Services) at our Brighton office or call him on 01273 274069.
For West Sussex/Hampshire enquiries please email Helen Spencer (Senior Property Manager) at our Bognor Regis office or call her on 01243 810707.
Parsons Son & Basley manages commercial property across the South East of England from our Brighton and Bognor Regis offices.
We look after a diverse portfolio including shops, offices, industrial units and hotels under our property management services banner.
In addition to collecting rent and administering service charges, our Property Management Team is on call day by day to ensure the lease covenants are complied with by both landlord clients and their tenants.
We provide a comprehensive service that we can tailor to meet your needs. This includes:
- Rent collection
- Service charge administration
- Property inspections to ensure lease compliance
- Preparation of maintenance programmes
- Rent reviews and lease renewals
- Advice on alterations, assignments and sub-letting
- Compliance with statutory requirements such as health and safety and control of asbestos at work regulations
- Valuations for insurance purposes and arranging insurance cover
- Lease re-structuring
- Asset valuations and investment advice
- Project management.
To achieve an integrated management service we work closely with our Landlord and Tenant, Survey and Valuation departments.
For more information please contact Paul Holder.
If you are a lessee and are dissatisfied with your landlord or its managing agents but cannot afford or raise sufficient numbers to buy the freehold there are two avenues open to you.
firstly through the courts to seek the appointment of a manager and
secondly, if there are sufficient numbers, to claim the right to manage without having to prove that your landlord is failing in its obligations to manager and maintain the building.
If you are in dispute and are thinking of taking action against your landlord, one of our qualified surveyors would happily accept a court appointment to become the manager of your building. We have successfully acted in this capacity on a number of occasions and still retain the management of some of these blocks.
We are also willing to act as managing agents for a Right to Manage company (RTM).
Appointing an experienced and regulated managing agent will relieve the Directors of the RTM company of the day-to-day pressure of responsibility. At Parsons Son & Basley we offer a wide range of services and will happily design a package that will suit you.
- Collect and account for ground rents.
- Collect and account for service charge monies.
- Arrange and negotiate annual contracts for communal television, entry phone, cleaning and garden maintenance etc.
- Advise on the appropriate cover and place building insurance at competitive rates.
- Arrange for routine maintenance and repair.
- Arrange for the specification and supervision of major works.
- Advise and maintain compliance with fire and health and safety regulations
- Prepare and agree annual service charge budgets.
- Attend RTM company meetings.
- Make regular site visits.
- Liaise with and/or appoint a Company Secretary
- Respond to pre-contract enquiries from both buyers and sellers of flats in the block.
- Seek Landlord’s consents where needed.
- And of course deal with the wide range of daily issues which will inevitably arise.
Call our residential management department today for a quotation on 01273 274069 or email Justin Dobbs.